Charlotte: (980) 202-5620 | Providence Promenade: (980) 202-6530 | Cornelius: (704) 997-8426 | Myrtle Beach: (843) 273-4573

How to Blend Two Window Covering Styles

>>How to Blend Two Window Covering Styles

How to Blend Two Window Covering Styles

The 80/20 Rule

Hunter Douglas Skyline Vertical Window Blinds from A Shade Above

Hunter Douglas Skyline™
Gliding Panels in the Dining Room

Merging two households can be tough, especially if both styles are rather different. Similarly, when people update a look by adding a new style, bridging the two can seem daunting. But here at A Shade Above in Charlotte, we’ve got a few tips that can help you achieve the perfect eclectic look. Read on!Generally, when you combine styles, you should try to follow the 80/20 rule, where one style makes up 80 percent of the room’s décor and the other is 20 percent. Your large pieces of furniture that are either hard to give up or hard to replace would be part of the 80. The 20 percent would be the new design style you want to introduce, including that pop of color, texture, pattern, and more. Be aware that, if you group too many things together from one style, it will draw too much attention—it throws everything off balance. Instead, split up your items and distribute them evenly throughout the space.

Common Window Treatment Color

One way to blend two styles is by pulling them together with a common color—for example, a quick coat of paint can do the trick. You can even use your window treatments to tie everything together. Duette® Honeycomb Shades from Hunter Douglas are available in 39 different fabrics with a total of 424 colorways. Not only can you match or coordinate colors, this premium collection offers a wide selection of opacities and textures, which makes for helpful flexibility when combining design styles.

Mix Things Up

Sometimes, changing the comfortable and familiar helps create a new look. If you want to prevent a traditional room from looking too stuffy and old-fashioned, mix things up with something modern, like brightly colored throw pillows and new modern window treatments. Pirouette® Window Shadings by Hunter Douglas are perfect in bridging the gap between traditional and modern styles. When fully lowered, the treatment’s vanes flatten for a smooth, more modern look. Slightly raise the treatment for a more traditional, contoured look, or fully open it to provide a clear view to the outside.

Blending Design Styles in the Charlotte NC Area

A Shade Above is your Hunter Douglas window treatment specialists with two showrooms – one in Charlotte and one in Cornelius serving Matthews, Mint Hill, Lake Norman, Lake Wylie, Huntersville, Fort Mill, Rock Hill, Weddington, Waxhaw, Monroe, Pineville, Mooresville, Davidson, and surrounding areas. Contact us to learn more about our products and services or to schedule a free in-home design consultation.
By |2018-02-21T04:35:40+00:00December 30th, 2016|Window Treatments|Comments Off on How to Blend Two Window Covering Styles

About the Author: